25 Ways to Help You Get Unstuck
In my previous post, I wrote about being stuck and I gave you 25 different areas where you can be stuck in your life.
Today it’s all about becoming unstuck. If you practice these things daily, then you will have less chance of finding yourself being stuck and going nowhere. Then you can smile for days on end!
Here we go:
- Practice gratitude. Look at what you do have and not what you don’t.
- Don’t limit yourself. You really can do anything you set your mind to. Get that imagination juice pumping and commit to making a change.
- Jump. Yes, Jump. Sometimes if you don’t just jump you will end up going nowhere. You don’t need all the answers now but you won’t get anywhere standing still.
- Take a tiny step. If jumping is too much then take a small step in the right direction. Then take another.
- Go get yourself a makeover. Hair, make-up, clothes, massage, facial, nails. Do it all. Then do a photoshoot after. Smile!!
- Make a change. Being stuck usually means that it’s the end of that path and it's time to move in a different direction. If you keep doing the same thing you will get the same stuck result.
- Remove negativity from your environment. that includes people, friends, clothes, furniture, anything around you that gives you a bad vibe. this is the time for positivity.
- Spend a moment in silence. No distractions No interferences. Think about where you are and where you want to be.
- Exercise. Find a place in your home and run on the spot, walk up and down the stairs, go for a walk or march on the spot for 10 mins. Do something every day like clockwork and you will feel better and start to look better too.
- Write down your dreams, aspirations, and vision for your life. Go on, get writing. Write them out daily and imagine yourself reaching and living them.
- Have a clear out. Get rid of those things you have been holding onto for years. Pictures and letters from people that don't matter to you anymore. Gifts that you never liked but you feel obliged to keep. Clothes that don't fit, don't suit you and have never been worn.
- Ask for that raise, tell them you deserve better or simply hand in your notice.
- Book that flight. You know the one to that place you've always dreamed of going.
- Switch jobs, churches, courses or change your attitude towards them. You get what you came for. Focus on good stuff.
- Figure out what makes you happy, what floats your boat, what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, what excites you, what brings you joy and what brings you peace and contentment. Write down what you are doing when you feel this way and take steps to enable you to do more of it daily.
- Go on a date.....with yourself, your partner, your close friend or an offspring. Get ready and do something different, one on one and make it a regular occurrence.
- Give. Give. Give. It doesn't have to be money but do service to others. You could pay the bill for the person Infront of you or offer a lift to a neighbour. Feed the homeless or just give a random stranger some paper money. Give something to someone.
- Commit to a task for 6 weeks. Make sure it will benefit you or someone else.
- Talk to a counsellor, coach or therapist.
- Hire a professional. It could be a personal stylist, a personal fitness trainer, a cleaner, a cook or a personal assistant. Allow them to enable you to make moves in your life.
- Join a meetup.com group.
- Look at houses you can't afford in an area you'd love to live in.
- Be honest with yourself and evaluate your own behaviour in your relationship with others. Can you do better? Can they really be that malicious? What role did you play in this and could you have done it, said it or reacted differently? Evaluate then make peace. Life's too short.
- Stop comparing yourself to others or being concerned with what other people think of you. You don't need their permission. You are unique so what you do will reflect that and that makes it right. Other people can hold you back and stop you from reaching your full potential. Don't be concerned with what they think because they don't consider you in their decision making.
- Stop waiting for the right time or for permission. Just go right ahead and get out of your rut. I'm giving you permission to move forward and conquer.
Yes, Please Sign Me Up
Sign up to our fitness and lifestyle updates and get a FREE 6 Weeks Challenge thrown in. Get a weekly fitness, nutrition and lifestyle challenge and begin your journey to a new you.