It's 2020 - The Year Of Perfect Vision
Happy New Year Folks! There’s something fresh and exciting about a new year isn’t there? We are reminded of the plans we had a year ago and how we reached our goals or failed them miserably in the first 3 months but regardless we are determined to do better this year right?
Going on a diet and exercising more are the top two resolutions made each New Year but 92% of people give up by the Spring!
Well, I’m here, this year, to try to help you. I want you to be successful this time. No tailing off, no cheating and no giving up.
Here are my 5 Essentials to help you keep your resolutions going until they become a part of your life:
- Set a realistic goal. Write it down and then work backwards to achieve it. Ask yourself what are the little steps you have to make to get there? What needs to happen first? What can you do now to start things off? Write it all down and tick it off as you go along.
- Plan your week. In fact plan each day!! Do it on a spreadsheet, in a Word document, on your phone or on a piece of paper stuck to your wall then tick off each task as you do it. Give yourself a forfeit for missing any out. The more you plan and stick to that plan the better the results.
- Designate an area in your lounge, bedroom, garage or anywhere else in your home which will be your workout station. If you leave something there, like your mat, resistance bands or dumbbells then it’s not so hard to get up and get going with a workout. Keep your favourite YouTube workout video open, have your favourite workout DVD in your DVD player ready for you to press play.
If you prefer to go to the gym then have your gym clothes ready or take them with you to work just to make it more accessible and less hassle. Don’t go straight home, hit the gym first. If you have to go home then don’t switch on the TV or get involved with anything that will take up your time. You have somewhere to go so no dilly-dallying!
Remember to always have a planned workout whether at home or at the gym. Going to a scheduled class may just be a better solution than aimlessly going from one machine to another at the gym. Take some time to consider how you can make it easier to workout at home or get to the gym
- Plan and prepare your meals. Have breakfast prepared the night before, have your lunchtime ingredients and snacks prepared, packed and ready to take with you. Keep healthy snacks in your drawer at work or in the car. Plan your meals a week in advanced to save you time and money on your shopping and to avoid wondering what to eat. Cover all areas so you are never in a position where you have to buy food on the go.
- Find a workout or accountability partner, someone who will check up on you and make sure you are doing what you said you would. It works best when you are accountable to each other. What do they need encouraging with? It doesn’t have to be a fitness related goal. It just needs to be something where you can encourage each other.
How can they help you? It may be a daily reminder text to get you going or to confirm you did what you were supposed to do. Whatever you need doing to motivate you to reach your goals, find someone, tell them what you need and get them to do it for you.
I hope you found my essentials for success useful. Comment below and let me know if you have any other useful ways of reaching your health and fitness goals and whether any of my 5 essentials are working for you.
If you need help with planning and achieving your goals for this year then why not join my 2020 Vision-Planning Workshop.
Hope to see you there
Yes, Please Sign Me Up
Sign up to our fitness and lifestyle updates and get a FREE 6 Weeks Challenge thrown in. Get a weekly fitness, nutrition and lifestyle challenge and begin your journey to a new you.